Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Tick Tock

Time, time!  What a crazy part of life is this measurement known as time.  Some days we wish it would speed up and other days we want it to slow down.  It's one of the most precious commodities we have, yet we are powerless to stop it or control its movement.  But before I get any more philosophical, suffice it to say that this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog is TIME.  What a great theme with so many possibilities for interpretation!

Here is how my creation turned out: a time keeper of sorts that I made into a tag:

 
I just wanted a visual reminder about the value of time and the fact that it is always moving.  It motivates me to get up and get something accomplished.

The dapper dude I used is from Tim Holtz's "Time Traveler" stamp set.  I heat-embossed him with black powder and colored him in with Spectrum Noir markers and chalk.  


The clock is a Tim Holtz die called, "Weathered Clock."  I also heat embossed it, though in patchier sections.  If you just dab on your embossing ink with a sponge in random areas, this is what it will look like after you shoot it with your heat gun.


The background is a combo of Washi tape, embossed stamping, gesso and paint.  The 3D butterflies are from some Martha Stewart punches.

Here is a list of several of the supplies I used that are available from Simon Says Stamp:




So what clever creation will you come up with for "time" this week?  I can't wait to see what you upload to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog.  Your work is always inspiring and there's no time like the present (see what I did there?) to share it with the world.  Remember- you could win fifty big bucko's to spend at Simon Says Stamp. 50dollar_voucher_600px